Shower disks

January 15, 2015

Here is the recipe I used to make some shower disks for Matt to use to have the whole steam and essential oils working for him

1 cup of baking soda
1 T cornstartch
1/3c of water

Mix together until the mixture is pourable, you may need to add more water.

Place in either a silicone muffin pan or into paper cupcake liners and bake at 350 for 15-20 min.

Here's where I messed up:
I should've added the water 1/4 c at a time
I overfilled my cupcake liners at about 1/2 full
I overbaked by 5ish min.

After my disks were cool I added my essential oils:
1-2 drops of OnGuard
1-2 drops of Breathe
1-2 drops of Peppermint
1-2 drops of Rosemary

Place in the bottom of shower and shower as usual.  I turned my shower slightly hotter than I usually have it and then put my disk in.  My whole bathroom smelled awesome and Matt reports less congestion overall. 

I got 8 disks out of this batch, but if I would've filled the liners 1/4 I would've gotten 16 or so.

I use DoTerra essential oils for my family because I trust how they are processed and truly enjoy the smell of them.  Here is where to buy: http://www.mydoterra.com/bugmama/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground