We have the sickies

January 15, 2015

The sickies has hit our house.  Matt seems to have the flu, Liam has a cold and a low grade fever.  So what am I doing?  Sterilizing my house ha!

No really I boiled all of my breast pump stuff and bottles yesterday morning, I've been running my air purifier non-stop, made chicken soup because well that's what you do when people are sick.

The biggest thing that I'm doing to help my family get better and hopefully stay better?  I'm using essential oils, pushing fluids, and helping everyone get some rest.

For Matt I have been making him 'tea' with some honey, onguard, lemon, and frankincense.  I also made a roller ball with OnGuard, frankincense, and oregano oil and then filled to the top with fractionated coconut oil.  I have him apply this blend twice a day to the bottom of his feet.  I also made some shower disks for Matt. Recipe in another post.

For Liam I have been diffusing breathe in his room to help with his respiratory issues.  Poor guy has had a snot faucet for the last couple of days.  He's had a low grade fever that I haven't treated because hopefully the fever will do it's job and help him fight whatever is going on.  I've been using some apricot oil (because it was upstairs and I didn't want to walk back downstairs!) and added a half a drop of lime and a half a drop of myrrh for a little chest rub.  Lime and myrrh are supposed to help with excess mucus production to help things dry up.  I've been applying 2-3x a day to hopefully help him not feel so icky.

What am I doing for me?  Well I had ordered some OnGuard drops that arrived today and I've been using those along with pushing fluids for me, getting rest when I can, and the biggest thing of all?  Staying home!

If you're interested in DoTerra let me know!  Here is my website to order from.  The OnGuard drops are seriously amazing! http://www.mydoterra.com/bugmama/

Here are a couple of pictures of my sickie little guy who is still happy despite not feeling great.

We had a bit of a rough night with him coughing

Pinterest idea that was fun for 10ish minutes

Mama needed to make chicken soup so this guy needed a ride since he gets into all the things when he's getting sleepy

Still smiles despite feeling not so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground