Croissants with chicken and spinach

January 21, 2014

I had a friend ask me for my recipe for this a long time ago and I've just never gotten around to making a post about it.  I promised to blog about it and well...this last year has been a bit busy.  Going through two rounds of IVF, moving across the country, new job, new house, new baby soon...

Anyway now that I'm on 'bed rest' I have a bit of time and thought I would blog so my friend could see it :)

This is for croissants with chicken and spinach

First: decide how many you want to make.  There are 6 croissants that come in a tube thing (or you can make homemade if you have the time and expertise).  I made about 24 I believe.

Ingredient:
Croissants (I made 24)
Chicken (about 4 cups shredded)
Cream cheese (plan on 2-3 packages)
Bread crumbs (either Italian or regular...dealers choice)
Parmesan cheese (about 1/2c or more to taste, I like to use the shredded in my mixture and the powdered with the breadcrumbs)
Garlic powder (2-3tsp more or less to taste)
Parsley (2-3T more or less)
Onion powder (1-2tsp more or less to taste)
Frozen spinach (use as much as you like)

Directions:
Mix chicken, cream cheese 1/2 of the parmesan cheese, spices, and spinach is a bowl.  You want to add more cream cheese than you think because it will dry out as it bakes.




Open up your croissants and put about 1-2T of the mixture inside.  Wrap them up and dip them in the butter and then the bread crumbs (with the other half of the parmesan cheese).




Bake croissants according to directions on the package.  





After you take them out of the oven let them cool.  Wrap in tin foil, I like to put everything in gallon size freezer bags and depending on what size croissants you use depends on how many you can fit in a bag.  If you use the giant ones 4 in a gallon size bag and if you use the smaller ones usually 6.  These will last about two months in the deep freezer but for me they are usually gone in about 3 weeks!

I like to pack these in my lunch for work.  I usually take 2 out of the freezer and put them in my lunch bag in the fridge the night before.  By lunch time they are usually thawed and take between 1-2 minutes to re-heat depending on your microwave.
 


 


1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground