New Year, New Me

January 9, 2016

My mom asked me shortly before New Year's what my goals/resolutions were going to be and I told her that I don't typically make New Year's resolutions...wait I take that back.  I always make resolutions, I have made the same two resolutions for the past 10 years.  To grow closer to Jesus and to be healthy.

This year I actually made a real list with actually obtainable goals!  So I incorporated my same two goals and made it easier for myself to actually obtain them.

1. Read my Bible everyday
  •  I'm using the She Reads Truth app on my iPhone to read the Bible in a year, it will be the first time I've done this.  So far so good! http://www.shopshereadstruth.com/
2. Go to bed by 11:30 on nights I don't work
  •  Not going well at all so far.  I'm a night owl by nature because I don't typically feel well in the morning.  Our little one likes to get up before 8am though so in order to get enough sleep, I've got to get to bed earlier.
3. Tithe
  • We missed the first week due to sickness, but there is always tomorrow!
4. Eat more vegetables
  • I'm actually enjoying roasting vegetables.  Broccoli and Cauliflower, some olive oil, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese, baked at 400 for about 10-15min.
5. Be more organized
  • I got a planner!  I haven't had a planner since nursing school!  I got this planner: http://www.plumpaper.com/ I am so so excited to start using it.  I didn't order it until December 31st so I won't get it for another couple of weeks...but it's coming!! 
  • Today I went through my clothes, baby's clothes, and Matt went though his clothes.  We brought six garbage bags of clothing to The Salvation Army today.  It feels so good to purge!  
  • I plan to go to IKEA and get some additional cabinets for the entertainment center and for baby's play room (I will blog about his playroom soon!) because I need somewhere to house my essential oil supplies and rotate toys.
  • We are also discussing tearing out what's under our stairs to use for storage.  Our house has nearly no storage.  Each bedroom has a closet and there is one linen closet upstairs and one linen closet downstairs.  There is nowhere to house anything else bigger than a blanket and it's super annoying!
6. Try to sell lotions
  • I've already sold a magnesium oil lotion this year!  I totally sell magnesium oil lotion and calendula lotion so if you want some...message me and I will send you out some prices!
7. Try to exercise 3-4x a week for at least 30min.
  • Not going well thus far; we came home from Christmas with bad bad colds.  Monday is a new week and a new day.  Never miss a Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground